This application is to be used for members seeking ecclesiastical endorsement for appointment as a chaplain in the following:
- Armed Forces
- BOP - Federal Bureau of Prisons
- CAP - Civil Air Patrol
- An undergraduate degree in any field and a minimum 72 credit-hour graduate degree from an accredited seminary recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/)
- Educational requirements for Navy candidates
- Program Authorization 110 as of May 2015
Pastoral Work Experience Requirements
- Cumulative minimum of 4,160 hours (2 years) for licensure
- Cumulative minimum of 8,320 hours (4 years) for ordination
Additional qualifications for military chaplaincy may be received from the branch of service in which an applicant is interested. A chaplain recruiter will serve as a valuable asset to assist you with your questions as to the military requirements. Also, the ECA is an affiliate member of the National Association of Evangelicals Commission on Chaplains.
Members complete the following:
- If this is the first time you are requesting a Federal endorsement from the ECA, a $100 ecclesiastical endorsement fee and $25 ecclesiastical endorsement application fee is required.
- If you are seeking another endorsement the $25 ecclesiastical endorsement fee is required along with the application.
- Complete the Members Ecclesiastical Endorsement Application by clicking on the link.
Upon approval, the ECA Military Chaplain Commission office will process the appropriate Ecclesiastical Endorsement Form.
If having difficulty completing or submitting the application online, contact the ECA office at (815) 937-0720 for assistance.