Welcome to the ECA's
Apply Today Page
Note the following information:
All ECA applicants must possess a written and spoken proficiency in the English language in order to interact with headquarters and the greater ECA membership. This would apply to handling items such as, but not limited to, the application for membership, e-mails, the ordination or licensure oral examination, phone calls, the annual ministerial reports (if membership is granted) and general correspondence among members.
All applicants must prove a valid need for ministerial credentials.
Click here to print a copy of the instruction listed below for the Application for Individual Membership.
- An Application for Individual Membership accessible below.
- $100.00 Application Fee (All foreign applicants must submit fee in a U.S. Money Order.) click here to make online payment.
- *Testimony of Conversion* An explanation of how you received Christ as your Lord and Savior, (separate page, no less than 250 words and not to exceed one page in length)
- *Details of your ministry calling* An explanation of how you felt called to ministry, (separate page, no less than 250 words and not to exceed one page in length)
- *Resume of Ministry career, training and activities, and Biblical education. This document must include tenure, responsibilities, supervisors and names of churches and organizations. We are looking to assess two years of cumulative ministry experiences (4,160 hours) for licensure, and four years of cumulative ministry experience (8,320 hours) required for ordination. (A sample resume is available from the link at the bottom of this page.)
- *Statement of Doctrine* (Please limit your statement to two pages.) This statement should include your position on the following areas: The Trinity, salvation, baptism and the inspiration and inerrancy of the Word of God. (A warning regarding plagiarism and a link for a sample of a Statement of Doctrine are available at the bottom of this page.)
- Official Educational Transcripts of Biblical Studies (These must be sent to us directly from the institution.) Sealed student transcripts will not be accepted. (If the school provides transcripts electronically, have them sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Passport Quality Photo
- Copy of Ordination Certificate (If you have been previously ordained)
- Copy of Licensure Certificate (If you have been previously Licensed)
*All Support documents must be on separate pages.
Note: Testimony of Conversion, Ministry Calling, Resume, Statement of Doctrine, Certificates and Passport Quality Photo, may be sent by email to email@example.com.
Application for membership requires the submission of four references, two personal and two ministerial (currently ordained or licensed). To qualify, reference must have known the applicant for at least one year. Family members (and fiancés/fiancées) and subordinates(employee/volunteer) are not acceptable as references.
Applicants: Please send the following corresponding links below to your references.
References: You may access the corresponding links below.
Applicants applying for Licensure Reference Forms:
Applicants applying for Ordination Reference Forms:
Please note: Applicants are not to submit the completed Evangelical Church Alliance Reference Form. All responses will remain confidential.
Once the form is completed, you may click on the "Submit" button and the reference form will be sent directly to our application processor. If you have any questions, or require assistance regarding the distribution or completion of these forms, please contact our office at (815) 937-0720.
All downloadable forms from the ECA website are PDF's and require that you have Adobe Reader. If you do not have Adobe Reader Version 8.0 or newer, you may download it from adobe.com, or by following the above link to adobe.com, which will allow you to download it from Adobe's website.
While most resumes reflect a person’s history, from the perspective of searching for a job, an appropriate resume needed by the ECA for consideration of ministry credentials would include a detailed history of a person's biblical and ministerial education, training and experience. As shown on the sample, please provide the organization's name and address, your supervisor's name(s), tenure, and job details for each ministry position that you held.
STATEMENT OF DOCTRINE
Please keep in mind that this statement should be in paragraph form on each of the following to include your position.
- The Trinity (What are the distinct responsibilities of each member?)
- Salvation (How does salvation take place, and what must a person do to be saved?)
- Baptism (What role does baptism play in our salvation, and what formula would you use in baptism?)
- The Inspiration and Inerrancy of the Word of God, (Describe the verbal, plenary inspiration and why inerrancy is so important to the church.)
- Please supply some of the important scripture references you hold to each point in your Statement of Doctrine. You only need to cite a reference and not necessarily quote it.
- In composing your Statement of Doctrine, we want you to know that the ECA is assessing your doctrinal understanding of the Trinity, salvation, baptism and the inspiration and inerrancy of the Word of God from a perspective of biblical, evangelical, and conservative belief. Therefore, you should know that referencing or quoting source material without citing the source amounts to plagiarism. Plagiarism is a serious offense in academia, but even more so for a minister of the Gospel. To use someone’s material without crediting the source is tantamount to theft, which contradicts God’s command, “Thou shalt not steal” (Exodus 20:15 KJV). If using sources, do so very sparingly as the ECA wants to know in your words that which best represents what you believe.