Welcome to the ECA's
Apply Today Page
Note the following information:
All ECA applicants must possess a written and spoken proficiency in the English language in order to interact with headquarters and the greater ECA membership. This would apply to handling items such as, but not limited to, the application for membership, e-mails, the ordination or licensure oral examination, phone calls, the annual ministerial reports (if membership is granted) and general correspondence among members.
All applicants must prove a valid need for ministerial credentials.
Click here to print a copy of the instruction listed below for the Application for Individual Membership.
- $100.00 Application Fee (All foreign applicants must submit fee in a U.S. Money Order.)
- *Testimony of Conversion* An explanation of how you received Christ as your Lord and Savior, (separate page, no less than 250 words and not to exceed one page in length)
- *Details of your ministry calling* An explanation of how you felt called to ministry, (separate page, no less than 250 words and not to exceed one page in length)
- *Resume of Ministry career, training and activities, and Biblical education. This document must include tenure, responsibilities, supervisors and names of churches and organizations. We are looking to assess two years of cumulative ministry experiences (4,160 hours) for licensure, and four years of cumulative ministry experience (8,320 hours) required for ordination. (A sample resume is available from the link at the bottom of this page.)
- *Statement of Doctrine* (Please limit your statement to two pages.) This statement should include your position on the following areas: The Trinity, Salvation, Baptism and the inspiration and inerrancy of the Word of God. (A sample statement of doctrine is available from the link at the bottom of this page.)
- Official Educational Transcripts of Biblical Studies (These must be sent to us directly from the institution.) Sealed student transcripts will not be accepted.
- Passport Quality Photo
- Copy of Ordination Certificate (If you have been previously ordained)
*All Support documents must be on separate pages.
All downloadable forms from the ECA website are PDF's and require that you have Adobe Reader. If you do not have Adobe Reader Version 8.0 or newer, you may download it from adobe.com, or by following the above link to adobe.com, which will allow you to download it from Adobe's website.
This form may be printed and mailed or completed electronically and submitted by email, however the application will not be processed until we receive all the required support documents.
Application for Membership requires four references, including two persons who are "Ministerial References " (currently Ordained or Licensed), and two personal references. To qualify as a reference, you must have known the applicant for at least one year. Family members (and fiancés/fiancées) and subordinates(employee/volunteer) are not acceptable as references.
Reference forms are located online at our website. Please send the following link to your references: https://www.ecainternational.org/index.cfm/PageID/1201/index.html
Please note: Applicants are not to submit the completed Evangelical Church Alliance Reference Form. It must be forwarded from the reference’s email address shown on the page 3 of the application form. All responses will remain confidential.
If you require assistance regarding the distribution or completion of these forms, you may call our office at: 1-888-855-6060.
Click here to access the on-line Reference Form directly on our website. Once the form is completed, you may click on the "Submit" button and the reference form will be sent directly to our application processor. If you have any questions, please contact our office at (815) 937-0720.
Click the "Resume Sample" above to download a sample resume in PDF (Adobe Reader) format. While most resumes reflect a person’s history, from the perspective of searching for a job, an appropriate resume needed by the ECA for consideration of ministry credentials would include a detailed history of a person's biblical and ministerial education, training and experience. As shown on the sample, please provide the organization's name and address, your supervisor's name(s), tenure, and job details for each ministry position that you held.
Click the "Statement of Doctrine Sample" above to download a sample statement of doctrine guideline. Please keep in mind that this statement should be in paragraph form on each of the following to include your position.
- The Trinity,(What are the distinct responsibilities of each member?)
- Salvation, (How does salvation take place, and what must a person do to be saved?)
- Baptism (What role does baptism play in our salvation, and what formula would you use in baptism?)
- The Inspiration and Inerrancy of the Word of God, (Describe the verbal, plenary inspiration and why inerrancy is so important to the church.)
- Please supply some of the important scripture references you hold to each point in your Statement of Doctrine. All you need to do is put the reference for each.