Important: Click the header above to download and carefully follow the instructions on the Process of Application for Membership
- All ECA applicants must possess a written and spoken proficiency of the English language in order to interact with headquarters and the greater ECA membership. This would apply to handling items such as, but not limited to, the application for membership, e-mails, the ordination or licensure oral examination, phone calls, the annual ministerial reports (if membership is granted) and general correspondence among members.
- All applicants must prove a valid need for ministerial credentials.
Click the above header to download the Application for Membership using Adobe Reader. To utilize this report, you must have Adobe Reader installed on your computer. If you are currently using a Mac computer you will need to either fill out a hard copy of this form and mail or fax it to our office, or you can go to a PC and use the interactive version we have available on our website. Mac is not compatible with the Adobe Reader. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any questions, please contact our office at (815) 937-0720. You may download Adobe Reader here. Print the Application and then fill it out completely in its original format, without edits or deletions, and mail it to the ECA with the documents listed below.
An electronic version may be submitted below, however, no action will be taken on your application until we receive the following:
- $100.00 Application Fee (All foreign applicants must submit fee in a U.S. Money Order.)
- Testimony of Conversion* An explanation of how you received Christ as your Lord and Savior, (NOT TO EXCEED ONE PAGE IN LENGTH)
- Details of your ministry calling* An explanation of how you felt called to ministry, (NOT TO EXCEED ONE PAGE IN LENGTH)
- Resume of Ministry career, training and activities, and Biblical education. (This document must include tenure, responsibilities, supervisors and names of churches and organizations. A sample resume is available from the link at the bottom of this page.)
- Statement of Doctrine* (Please limit your statement to one page.) This statement should include your position on the following areas: The Trinity, Salvation, Baptism and the inspiration and inerrancy of the Word of God.
- Official Educational Transcripts of Biblical Studies (These must be sent to us directly from the institution.)
- Passport Quality Photo
- Copy of Ordination Certificate (If you have been previously ordained)
*These Support documents must be on separate pages and no longer than one page each.
This form may be printed, completed and mailed with the required support documents.
Each reference must submit an Evangelical Church Alliance Reference Form, filled out completely and independently.
Instruct each person that you have applied for membership with the ECA and ask that they send the reference form directly to the ECA at their earliest convenience. The forms are available below in two formats. You may download four copies of the "printed version" and distribute them to your references, or each reference may be directed to the "electronic version" so that they may fill out the form and submit it by email.
If you do not have Adobe Reader Version 8.0 or newer, you may download it from the secure link below. All reference forms must be filled out completely, in the Adobe Reader format, without altering the layout in any way.
Please remember that these forms must be submitted directly to the ECA by those completing the form. All responses will remain confidential.
If you require assistance regarding the distribution or completion of these forms, you may call our office at: 1-888-855-6060.
Those who desire to complete the printed version may submit the form by fax: 1-815-937-0001, Postal Mail: ECA, PO Box 9, Bradley, IL 60915, or email: email@example.com.
The above link will allow you to fill out the form electronically. Once the form is completed, you may click on the "Submit Form" button and the program will guide you through the steps to either submit the form through your email process or you will be given the choice to save the document and send it by email as an attachment. Electronic forms will be sent to our: firstname.lastname@example.org address. Any attempt to email it to a different location will not allow the completed data to be received by our server. To utilize this report, you must have Adobe Reader installed on your computer. If you are currently using a Mac computer you will need to either fill out a hard copy of this form and mail or fax it to our office, or you can go to a PC and use the interactive version we have available on our website. Mac is not compatible with the Adobe Reader. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any questions, please contact our office at (815) 937-0720. You may download Adobe Reader here.
If you do not have Adobe Reader Version 8.0 or newer, you may download it from a secure site, by clicking here or on the above link and follow the installation instructions.