Application for Ecclesiastical Endorsement
Military Application Instructions:
- This application is to be used for ecclesiastical endorsement for direct appointment as a chaplain or the Chaplain Candidate Program of the Army, Navy or Air Force.
- This application is also to be used for VA, Federal Bureau of Prisons, or Civil Air Patrol endorsement.
- Include all information requested and electronically submit the application. Retain an emailed copy for your files.
- This form should be included with your regular ECA Membership Application. You do not need a separate photo, transcripts, testimony, or call to ministry. You do need an official educational transcript of Biblical studies that meet the minimum educational requirements for a military chaplain. The transcripts must be sent to us directly from the institution. Sealed student transcripts will not be accepted from the applicant.
- If you are already a member and requesting an endorsement for another branch of service or a new endorsement, you will need to submit an ecclesiastical endorsement application, along with the $25.00 application fee.
- All Active Duty Military Chaplains are required to submit an annual active-duty fee. This amount is in addition to the ECA Annual Membership Dues.
- All Chaplain Candidates are required to submit an annual report to remain in the program.
- All fields must be completed even if the correct answer is "none" or "N/A" (not applicable).
- Failure to supply information as directed in the spaces below and designated by an asterisk ("*") will prohibit your application from being electronically submitted. If a particular item marked with an asterisk does not apply to you, mark “N/A” in the associated space. As the fields for the spaces below are expandable, do not be concerned if all the information you input does not show as you are typing it.
- Clicking the "X" that appears at the end of each field will delete the information you have input (for that field).
- Do not close out the application (though you may minimize it) on your screen before completing and electronically submitting it, as this will delete all the information entered.
- If having difficulty completing or submitting the application online, contact the ECA office for assistance.