Every member of the Evangelical Church Alliance is required to subscribe to and live according to the following code of ethics:
- Members affirm their personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ and are called by God’s grace and power to the ministry of the Gospel. They commit to lives of daily obedience and service to glorify God and enrich his people.
- Members should reflect the example of Christ in personal behavior and character, avoiding any appearance of unethical or immoral behavior.
- Members are never to use their position or ministry for unethical financial gain.
- Members should maintain good relationships with others engaged in ministry, while being respectful and sensitive in dealing with different denominations and faith groups.
- Members should be wise and discreet in all conversations and personal interaction, regardless of time, circumstances or location
- Members should be respectful, sensitive and alert with all persons, regardless of differences.
- Members will join together in marriage one man and one woman in accordance with Biblical teaching.
- Members should inform themselves of the current ECA Policy on Clergy Penitent Privilege.
- Members must subscribe to the Biblical teaching and standards of conduct found in the Tenets of Faith and Disciplinary Procedures in the ECA Constitution.