Qualifications for ECA Membership
Each candidate for ordination and licensing must meet the following requirements which have been established in ECA's by-laws and are conducted according to procedures established by our Standards and Credentials Committee:
- Subscribe to the ECA Tenets of Faith
- Have a ministry that warrants credentials based on Ephesians 4:12
- Demonstrate completion of Biblical studies by an approved educational institution (Minimal education requirements outlined on the Bible Extension Institute page.)
- Have two years full-time practical ministry experience for licensing
- Have four years full-time practical ministry experience for ordination
- Agree to abide by ECA Ministerial Ethics
- Provide two ministerial and two personal references (using a form provided by the ECA)
- Once your application file is complete and approved, you will be required to submit to a face to face, Examination Interview, lead by a qualified Chairperson given authority by the ECA.
Upon acceptance into the ECA, each person must submit Annual Membership Dues and an Annual Ministerial Report within the time limits established by the policies of the ECA. Members are also required to inform the ECA of change of address, phone number and email address within forty-five days of occurrence.